Faber Writing Academy - Writing a Novel: Stage 2
with Kathryn Heyman or James Bradley + guests, including leading industry agents/publishers
Tuesday 17th July 2018
Tuesday 25th September 2018
Who: Kathryn Heyman or James Bradley + guests, including leading industry agents/publishers
When: Tuesday 17th July - Tuesday 25th September 2018
Course fee: $3,250 / $2,760 alumni
Allen & Unwin
83 Alexander Street
Crows Nest NSW 2065 - (Please note access is via stairs)
Write your novel, and write it well.
A comprehensive three month course builds on the work started in Writing a Novel: Stage 1 and is suitable for writers who have completed that course, or who have a substantially completed rough or first draft of a novel-in-progress. This course will develop craft and technical skills required to turn a rough draft into a work of art. Using exercises focused on your own work, you'll finish the course with a deep understanding of the novelists' craft and how it applies to your own novel.
- Benefit from the structure of regular classes covering everything from playing with genre, the power of what is unspoken and using scenes and narrative summary to maintain momentum.
- Learn from our experienced Course Directors, as well as guest tutors including top authors, and agents/publishers.
- Receive personalised, one-to one attention on your project from your tutor.
- Get it done. When undertaken with Writing a Novel: Stage 1, this is a flexible alternative to a creative writing MA, designed for people who might be considering a career and who are prepared to engage fully in the hard work involved. Apart from the workshops, you will be devoting as much time as possible between classes to writing.
- Receive invaluable feedback by having the chance to present your work to your class of other committed novelists.
- Start your career with unrivalled access to those who know. There is no better way to get on the road to publication than to meet the people who know how to make that happen. Hear talks from people in the industry, then read to a room of agents at course completion.
Please note that while Writing a Novel: Stage 1 and Writing a Novel: Stage 2 are designed to build on each other, each may be taken as a stand-alone course. Talk to us if you need guidance on which one is best for you.
For more information: faberwritingacademy.com.au/Writing-a-novel-Stage-2-SYD-2018