Creative Kids Tales - 2017 Anthology Competition
Wings, Superheroes and Determination (Authors)
We are excited to launch our 2017 Anthology competition for Authors both emerging and established – Wings, Superheroes and Determination.
Authors: This year’s theme - Wings, Superheroes and Determination. Your submission must incorporate one of these Wings, Superheroes and Determination. Our judges love humour, twists and turns and the extremely entertaining. Let your imagination run wild.
Your submission must be suited for the 3-12 year age market. Written submissions should be no more than 500 words for picture book texts or 700 words for a short story. It can be a complete story or an extract from a story. Interpretations Wings, Superheroes and Determination are left to the discretion of the author.
Opens: 1 August 2017
Closes: 15 October 2017 at 11.59pm (Entries received after the close date will not be accepted.)
Winners will be announced on the Creative Kids Tales website on 1 December 2017. They will also be recorded on the National Library snapshot of our website that is taken annually in December. That means if you place in the top 15 you will be recorded in history under the National Library Pandora Archives Australia. Woo hoo!
Prizes: 15 Prize winners
- Top 12 entries will be published in the second Creative Kids Tales Anthology in Smashwords.
- 13th – 15th Prize – $50 book pack.
- All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
- The winners names will be displayed on the Creative Kids Tales website and form part of our next archive update with the National Library.
- Best of all you can add your placing/participation to your Writers CV.
Conditions of Entry (Authors)
- Submissions must be original work by the addressee only. Your entry must not have been accepted for publication or won a prize in any other competition at time of submission.
- Entries by Australian residents aged between 18 - 110 years old. Your story or illustration must appeal to children aged between 3 - 12 years of age.
- Your submission should be no more than 500 words for picture book texts or 700 words for a short story. (entries over this limit will be disqualified without further correspondence). Entry must state either a picture book, short story or extract.
- No illustrations or illustration notes to be included with text.
- Cover page with full contact details including word count eg Author's Name, contact information, the title of the manuscript, whether it is either picture book, short story or extract, word count, and the target market (age of intended reader).
- Proof of payment.
- The title of the story must appear in the header of each page. Do not include Author name.
- Page x of y must appear in the page footer, bottom right.
- The manuscript must submitted in 12 point Times New Roman font with left justification, double-spaced with an indent to indicate new paragraphs.
- Please ensure there is a 3cm margin at the top, bottom, left and right of each page.
- Entry to be submitted in English with correct spelling and grammar.
- The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Entry Fee (Authors)
$20 (please see payment options below) If paying by PayPal please include an additional $1 for the PayPal processing fee eg $21.
(If paying by PayPal please include an additional $1 for the PayPal processing fee. Eg $21)
Direct deposit - St George Bank
Account name: CZ Donaghey
BSB: 112 879
Account number: 057 430 829
You can enter as many times as you like. Good luck!