I have been involved in the Australian publishing industry for over 20 years – first as a copywriter and then as an editor, project manager, proofreader and author.
I have worked on more than 70 non-fiction books and numerous sample presentations, and have written about subjects as varied as the history of Christianity, Native American mythology, vampires, knights and the death of Hollywood film stars. Some of the books for which I am credited as an author or contributor include Outside In Takes a Stab (2018), From Quarantine to Q Station (2016) and How to Act Like a Champagne Expert (2013).
My first love, however, has always been children’s books, and I have written stories for young children for many years. I have recently undertaken the Writing Picture Books course through the Australian Writers’ Centre in order to hone my writing skills for the current picture book market. I also enjoy dabbling in children’s chapter books and poetry. I am a children’s book reviewer for the Buzz Words website, and my children’s story entitled ‘The Tree’ has been shortlisted for the ZineWest 2018 awards.
Dannielle Viera - Submissions
- An Aussie Christmas by Dannielle Viera Dec - 2018
- The Tree (Part Two) by Dannielle Viera Nov - 2018
- The Tree (Part One) by Dannielle Viera Oct - 2018
- The Music Man by Dannielle Viera Sep - 2018
- Horrible Hilda and the Honey Bees by Dannielle Viera Aug - 2018
- Where is the Wind? (Chapter One - Part Two) by Dannielle Viera Jul - 2018
- Where is the Wind? (Chapter One - Part One) by Dannielle Viera Jun - 2018