I have a degree in communication (print journalism) from Charles Sturt University in Bathurst and more than 20 years’ experience in writing in various fields.
After becoming a mother for the first time in 2013, I discovered a joy in reading a wide variety of children’s books to my son. I found delight in children’s books where the words were as carefully crafted as the imaginative illustrations.
Now, I want to use my fascination with stories and my writing experiences to bring that joy to other children too. I am experimenting in writing in a poetic format for picture books, focussing on what matters to little children in their lives.
Besides writing, I care for my elderly mother-in-law who suffers with dementia, and of course, my active son keeps me very busy.
When I do find time to sit down at my computer, my aptly named cat, “Mr Cuddles”, usually inserts himself on my lap and does everything he can to prevent me from actually writing.
Hayley Hunkin - Submissions
- The Most Amazing Place in the World - (Excerpt) by Hayley Hunkin Oct - 2017
- Loving Grandma - (Excerpt) by Hayley Hunkin Oct - 2017
- My Grandma Forgets By Hayley Hunkin Oct - 2016
- The Treehouse That Travels By Hayley Hunkin May - 2016
- My Favourite Toy By Hayley Hunkin Apr - 2016