Remember:Your profile, photo and submissions are your sales pitch to publishers and those you wish to sell your work to. Always keep that thought in mind when submitting work for publication, including internet submissions. First impressions count.
Submission GuidelinesBelow you will find our guidelines for submitting work as either an Emerging Author or Emerging Illustrator. Please read them thoroughly before submitting your work.
Send us a sample of your work. If everything looks good we will contact you for your full submission.
You will then be asked to send us your Full Submission. Please note at this time we can only show up to 500 words of your work. So if you've written a novel, no problems, just send us a small snippet of your story.
Membership for emerging authors or illustrators is only $30 per year. If you would like a profile for both emerging author and emerging illustrator, the yearly membership is a combined price of $40.
- Include a short bio.
- Include a photo of yourself (We know you love your family and pets but please don't include them in your photo. It should be a head and shoulders shot in high resolution. Please send a good sized photo (minimum 800px x 800px), not a thumbnail size).
- 500-word submission in Word format consisting of either a short story, poetry or excerpt. Your submissions must be suitable for ages 0-12 to read.
- Please ensure your work is correctly formatted and sent as a Word document only.
- Do not send your submission in the body of an email.
- We do not edit your submission, so please make sure it is correct.
- Do not send your submission as a PDF document or any other format.
- Do not embed your images inside your submission document, have them attached separately to your email.
If these instructions are unclear or you are unsure how to submit, please email us before sending it.
If you have a link to your website, Facebook page, Twitter address, Google+, blog or any other social media etc., please include that with your submission too.
All submissions are to be in the children’s genre for ages 0 – 12. Eg. poetry, short story, novel.
Please note we reserve the right to refuse any submissions which are offensive. Should you submit such an entry, your email will be immediately deleted and you will not be welcome to make future submissions.
Please note submissions must be made by persons over the age of 18. At present we can only cater for submissions from adults and not children. Please do not submit an entry written by your child. Creative Kids Tales is a service for adult submissions in the children’s genre, You must be aged between 18 – 110 years of age.
If you are an Illustrator all the above applies to you except send us your artwork rather than a story.
- You must name your pieces so we can clearly label them for the website.
- We want to ensure your submission is of the best quality on our website, so please send it to us in high resolution (minimum 1,000px x 1,000px).
- We do not accept images of lesser quality/size than this.
Please ensure you follow the above guidelines before submitting, as failure to do so will result in delaying of your work being displayed on the website. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email us a clear concise email.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you soon.