Welcome to Creative Kids Tales
Helping stories come to life
Discover your voiceConnect with your peersBuild on your existing strengthsBe part of a supportive community
Formed in 2011 Creative Kids Tales is an industry recognised site designed to assist Australian emerging and established children's authors and illustrators.
Our unique site provides resources to empower you on your journey to publication:
- Australian Publishers listing
- Writing Tips - ‘Securing that Grant’, ‘Don’t lose the plot’, ‘Social Media’, ‘Author Etiquette’ and more.
- Top Tips from Jackie French, Andy Griffiths, Mem Fox, Terry Denton, Susanne Gervay, Paul Jennings and many more children’s favourite authors
- Competition information
- Tools of the Trade
- Interviews with Australian children’s authors and illustrators
- CKT Blog
Let us take the worry out of – Do I need an online presence? Membership provides you with an online platform. It’s here readers and potential publishers can view your work.
Workshop your ideas and gain valuable feedback from your peers through our online Critique Group. Many of our members have gone on to be published. YOU could be next!
Our Manuscript Assessment and Author Personal Training services can upskill you, so you can produce work that is truly worthy of presenting for publication, with writing that proves you have what it takes. Something that genuinely puts YOU ahead of the pack.
To be a part of the Creative Kids Tales family, Membership packages start from only $40 per year.
We make no claim on your submissions. You remain the sole owner of your work. We take the hassle out of creating your own website. If you already have a website that’s fine too, we will include a link to it with your bio. Just go to the How it Works page under the About tab to find out how CKT can work for YOU.
- Creative Kids Tales DOES NOT accept unsolicited manuscripts (any submissions received will not be returned)
- We do not provide FREE feedback on manuscripts. Please refer to our Manuscript Assessment Service.
- We are not solely responsible for promoting you or your work. Creative Kids Tales is a tool to assist you. It’s a team effort.
- We DO provide a service for Australian children’s authors or illustrators seeking additional exposure for their work.