Creative Kids Tales - 2016 Treehouse, Swamp or Clock Competition for Authors
Winners will be announced in the July edition of CKT
We are excited to launch our first competition for 2016 - Treehouse, Swamp or Clock. Everyone loves a competition with a theme. This year’s competition offers you three! You need only to choose one, and we encourage you to let your imagination run wild with the potential story lines. All entrants will receive a feedback sheet.
Opens: 1 February 2016
Closes: 30 April 2016 at 11.59pm (Entries received after 30 April 2016 will not be accepted.)
Winners will be announced on the Creative Kids Tales website on 1 July 2016 and all prizes will be distributed by 31 July 2016.
- 1st Prize - Will receive $100 prize money and a detailed critique of their entry
- 2nd Prize - Will receive a Kick Start Mentorship with Editor and Walker Books author Emma Cameron
- 3rd Prize - Will receive a $25 book pack and a detailed critique of their entry
All other entrants will receive a feedback sheet.
The winners entries will be displayed on the Creative Kids Tales website.
Conditions of Entry:
- Submissions must be original work by the addressee only. Your entry must not have been accepted for publication or won a prize in any other competition at time of submission.
- Entries by Australian residents aged between 18 - 110 years old. Your story must appeal to children aged between 3 - 12 years of age.
- 650 word limit (entries over this limit will be disqualified without further correspondence). Picture book entries accepted.
- No illustrations to be included.
- Cover page with full contact details including word count.
- All pages to be numbered in the footer, bottom right.
- Times New Roman, 12 point. Double spaced with three centimetre margins all round.
- Each paragraph starts on a separate line.
- Entry to be submitted in English with correct spelling and grammar.
- The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
$20 (please see payment options below) If paying by PayPal please include an additional $1 for the PayPal processing fee eg $21.
(If paying by PayPal please include an additional $1 for the PayPal processing fee. Eg $21 )
Direct deposit - St George Bank
Account name: CZ Donaghey
BSB: 112 879
Account number: 057 430 829
You can enter as many times as you like. Good luck!